Award Winning New Zealand
- December - 100% Middle-earth, 100% Pure New
Zealand campaign won the award for 'World's Leading Destination
Marketing Campaign' in the World Travel Awards 2012 Grand
- November - New Zealand was awarded the
'Favourite Emerging Destination - Overseas' at the Condé Nast
Traveller Reader' Travel Awards in India.
- November - New Zealand voted 'Favourite
Country - Worldwide' at the
Telegraph Travel Awards.
- October - Tourism New Zealand is
voted Australasia's Leading Tourist Board in the 2012 World
Travel Awards for the third year running.
- September - Tourism New Zealand took out two
Silver SABRE awards and a Certificate of Excellence for the
Aquabumps and Masterchef Destination PR campaigns at the
prestigious 2012 EMEA Sabre
Awards in Australia.
- May - Tourism New Zealand landed awards for
the most innovative social media campaign and as the best
destinational marketing organisation at the TravelMole and
EyeforTravel Innovation Awards in Singapore.
- May - New Zealand has won the award for Best Destination for Adventure (International)
at the Lonely Planet Magazines India travel awards.
- February - Tourism New Zealand's Rugby
World Cup 2011 campaign received the Grand Award - Marketing at the Pacific
Asia Travel Association (PATA) Grand and Gold
- February - New Zealand has again achieved a
Bronze Award in the Top Country category of the Wanderlust Travel
Awards for 2012.
- January - Shanghai Morning Post has recognised
New Zealand as the Best Destination for Discovery and Exploration,
in recognition of New Zealand as a premium outdoors
- January - Queenstown has been voted the Purest
Destination by Elite Traveller, a high-end travel magazine in China
which is jointly run by Ctrip.com, China's most frequently used
- December - Tourism New Zealand won the NTO
category of Shanghai Oriental Morning Post's Extraordinary Trip
- November - New Zealand was voted the top
global eco-tourism destination at the Viagens e Turismo tourism
awards in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- November - The seventh annual FutureBrand
Country Brand Index (CBI), ranked New Zealand as the third
strongest country brand in the world, just behind Canada and
- October - UK Telegraph readers name New
Zealand as their second favorite worldwide destination at the Telegraph Travel Awards.
- September - Tourism New Zealand was voted Australasia's Leading Tourist Board in the
2011 World Travel Awards for a second year in a row.
- June - New Zealand receives the Best
Destination for Ecotourism at the World Traveller Awards 2011.
- February - Readers of the UK's
Wanderlust magazine again voted New Zealand their
third most satisfying holiday destination.
- January - New Zealand was named the
second best place to be in 2011 by global broadcasting network
- October - Tourism New Zealand's 'Experience
New Zealand, Right Now' campaign picked up a
Bronze Award in the Product/Service Launch category of the
China Effie Awards
- October - Tourism New Zealand was named
'Australasia's Leading Tourist Board' at the World Travel Awards
Asia and Australiasia ceremony on 14 October.
- October - In the recent Danish Travel
Awards, organised by Danish travel trade magazine Stand
By, New Zealand won the 'Best Tourism Country
Outside Europe' category.
- October - Tourism New Zealand's 10 Years Young
microsite, celebrating the 10 year anniversary of
100% Pure New Zealand, won bronze for New Zealand's best
interactive design at the 2010 Best Awards.
- September - British Lonely Planet readers voted New
Zealand as their top place they'd 'happily stay for ever in...'
in the inaugural Lonely Planet Awards.
- September - New Zealand was among the top-five
favourite holiday destinations of Condé Nast Traveller
(UK) readers, in the Readers' Travel Awards 2010. New Zealand came
in fifth after Turkey, Egypt, Australia and Italy.
- August - Tourism New Zealand's 'Your Big
Break' campaign won the Grand Award for
Marketing at the 2010 PATA (Pacific Asia Travel Association)
- June - A Roy
Morgan Research survey of the Australian tourism industry
showed respondents believed New Zealand's '100% Pure New Zealand'
campaign was the most successful tourism marketing campaign of
- April - Two Tourism New Zealand projects were
recognised as Official Honorees in the 2010 Webby Awards. The
projects acknowledged were: The Gap Year: Challenge New
Zealand, an online reality television project rolled out
through social media in conjunction with UK production company
Endemol, and Tourism New Zealand's 10YearsYoung microsite.
- February - Readers of the UK's
Wanderlust magazine voted New Zealand their third most
satisfying holiday destination.
- January - Users of China's www.ctrip.com
travel website and readers of Elite Traveller magazine
voted Lake Wakatipu in Queenstown as their fourth favourite
- October - New Zealand was picked by the
authors, staff and travellers of Lonely Planet's prestigious
Best in Travel as one of the Top 10 Countries to visit in
- October - Readers of Britain's
Guardian and Observer newspapers, and website
www.guardian.co.uk, voted New Zealand their favourite long-haul
destination in the annual Readers' Travel Awards.
- September - National tourism organisations
from around the world voted New Zealand 'best at destination
branding' in a survey published by the United Nations World Tourism
Organisation and European Travel Commission.
- September - New Zealand was named second after
Italy in Condé Nast Traveller (UK) readers' awards 'Best
Destination' category. Air New Zealand won 'Best Long-haul Airline'
and Blanket Bay was named 'Best Leisure Hotel - Australasia'.
- July - Tourism New Zealand's advertising was
rated as the world's third best travel campaign by
- November - New Zealand won the Virgin Holidays
Responsible Tourism Awards, being named 'Overall Winner' as well as
'Best Destination'. The awards recognise destinations and
organisations that are making positive contributions to cultures,
economies and the environment through tourism.
- November - New Zealand voted 'Best
Destination' in the Telegraph Travel Awards in the
- November - New Zealand voted 'Golf Destination
of the Year 2009' for the Asia and Australasia region at the
International Association of Golf Tour Operators.
- October - New Zealand was back in top spot in
the Guardian/Observer/www.guardian.co.uk Reader's
Travel Awards, winning favourite long-haul destination.
- October - Tourism New Zealand's inflatable
Rugby Ball Venue received a Gold Award in the Design Institute of
New Zealand's BeST Design Awards.
- September - Readers of Condé Nast
Traveller (UK) voted New Zealand their favourite destination
in the 2008 Reader's Travel Awards, making 2008 the fifth
consecutive year New Zealand has ranked in the top five favourite
- September - New Zealand named 'Country of the
Year' by Australia's Getaway travel show.
- July - Tourism New Zealand won the Pacific
Asia Travel Association (PATA) Gold Award for 'Marketing Media -
Public Relations' for the giant Rugby Ball project during the 2007
Rugby World Cup.
- July - Tourism New Zealand won the Pacific
Asia Travel Association (PATA) Gold Award for 'Marketing - Primary
Government Destination' for the 'Youngest Country' 100% Pure New
Zealand international marketing campaign.
- July - New Zealand was voted fifth favourite
destination by Lonely Planet readers in the Travellers' Pulse
Awards 2008, up from ninth place in 2007.
- June - New Zealand was voted 'Best Worldwide
Country' in the 2008 Sunday Times Travel Magazine Reader
- April - Milford Sound and Queenstown were
voted the top two favourite destinations in the world by members of
www.TripAdvisor.com, the world's largest online travel
- March - Walk magazine readers voted
New Zealand 'Best Walking Place Overseas' in the 2008 Walk Readers'
Awards. Walk is the UK's largest circulating walking
magazine and reaches 140,000 active walkers and outdoors
- March - Members of the British online outdoors
community www.OutdoorsMagic.com named New Zealand 'Best
International Destination' in the Outdoors Magic Awards
- February - New Zealand voted top country
(again) by the readers of UK-based travel publication
Wanderlust. 2008 was the second year running that New
Zealand won this award.
- December - According to the 2007 Country Brand
Index (CIB), New Zealand was placed number eight among the world's
top country brands, beating Greece and Japan at ninth and tenth
- December - 30,000 UK Daily Telegraph
readers voted New Zealand their favourite destination in the
- New Zealand voted number two destination in the world in the
Lonely Planet Blue List publication.
- Tourism New Zealand's consumer travel website,
www.newzealand.com won best tourism website for the second time at
the global Webby awards.
- New Zealand received the 'Bronze Award' in the Top Country
category at the Wanderlust Magazine awards (UK), and was
also named 'Safest Destination', for the fifth year in a row.
- Tourism New Zealand won PATA Gold Awards for the marketing
campaign 'Make Yourself 100% At Home' around the Lions rugby tour
- Country Brands Index - New Zealand ranked first in a worldwide
survey, for its natural beauty and outdoor activities.
- 2006 British Travel Awards - New Zealand voted 'dream
- Daily Telegraph (UK) readers' travel awards - New
Zealand voted Best Destination.
- CondeNast Traveller (UK) readers' travel awards - New
Zealand voted Best Country and best overall winner.
- New Zealand voted best Adventure Destination in the world by
the Irish travel industry.
- New Zealand voted in top five tourism destinations in the world
by the readers of Lonely Planet.
- Tourism New Zealand's consumer travel website
www.newzealand.com won best tourism website at the international
- Washington Post voted New Zealand at number eight in
its list of top ten international destinations that are hot for
- Lonely Planet staffers named New Zealand the hot
destination for 2004 - for the second year in a row.
- The Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International
awarded Tourism New Zealand gold awards for the Royal Tour
documentary, and for the 100% Pure New Zealand campaign. The
campaign also won the overall platinum award.
- Tourism New Zealand's 100% Pure New Zealand campaign won the
2004 PATA Grand Award. The consumer travel website
www.newzealand.com and Tourism New Zealand posters won Gold
- The Chelsea Flower Show Tourism New Zealand garden - '100% Pure
New Zealand Ora - Garden of Well-being' - won the Gold Medal in the
Show Garden category.
- Readers of the Guardian/Observer newspapers voted New
Zealand best long-haul destination in their annual travel
- Tourism New Zealand's travel website www.newzealand.com won two
of the top awards at the TUANZ (e)-vision awards. Haka module won
the 'Event marketing/integrated marketing campaign' award. The
interactive map won the 'Information/Reference' category.
- New Zealand voted Best Destination at the Telegraph
Awards UK. 26,000 readers voted on their travel experiences - and
NZ came out on top.
- Wanderlust magazine voted New Zealand 'top
destination' and 'safest destination' for the third year in a
- New Zealand was named runner-up for 'country on the up' in this
year's Sunday Times' Travel Magazine (UK) Awards - after
Croatia (first) and Australia (third).
- The travel website www.newzealand.com won best travel and
tourism site in NetGuide's 2003 awards
- New Zealand's 100% Pure campaign beat 600 other entries to win
gold at the Fédération Nationale des Offices de Tourisme et
Syndicats d'Initiative (F.N.O.T.S.I) awards in Cholet, France.
- Tourism New Zealand received a Gold Quill Award for the
strategy development and implementation of the 100% Pure New