Previous Page  138 / 162 Next Page
Information
Show Menu
Previous Page 138 / 162 Next Page
Page Background

Note 7

Subsidiary companies

Group

Parent

2015

2014

2015

2014

Qualmark New Zealand Limited

60% 60% 60% 60%

Visitor Information Network Incorporated (trading as i-SITE NZ)

0% 0% 0% 0%

The financial year-end of both subsidiaries is 30 June.

Tourism New Zealand has a 60% shareholding in Qualmark New Zealand Limited with the other 40% held by the New Zealand

Automobile Association. Tourism New Zealand has control of Visitor Information Network Incorporated (VIN Inc), trading as i-SITE

New Zealand, effective 21 August 2002.

Qualmark New Zealand Limited is New Zealand tourism’s official quality agency. It is a Government — private sector partnership

between Tourism New Zealand and New Zealand Automobile Association. Qualmark licenses professional and trustworthy

New Zealand tourism businesses to use the Qualmark® — tourism’s official quality mark — to help international and domestic

travellers select places to stay, things to do and ways to get around.

Qualmark’s core activities are based around determining the eligibility of businesses to enter the licensing system. This is achieved by

way of assessment, promoting and working with Qualmark® licensees and working closely with other organisations and sectors within

the tourism industry. By doing so, quality standards are raised and New Zealand tourism businesses improved based on best-practice.

Tourism New Zealand and i-SITE New Zealand have a relationship agreement that recognises the importance of having an effective

and high quality network of visitor information centres, dedicated to delivering free, comprehensive and objective information. The

terms and conditions of the relationship agreement mean that Tourism New Zealand meets the criteria determined in PBE IPSAS 6 for

consolidating investments in subsidiaries.

The i-SITE brand creates a distinctive look, which distinguishes the official network from other information centres. The i-SITE Visitor

Centres provide on-the-ground information to ensure the visitor experience is as enjoyable as possible.

Note 8

Associate company

Group

Parent

2015

$000s

2014

$000s

2015

$000s

2014

$000s

The New Zealand Way Limited

-

-

-

-

The financial year-end of The New Zealand Way Limited is 30 June.

Tourism New Zealand has a 50% shareholding in The New Zealand Way Limited. This Company is the operating entity of a joint venture

between Tourism New Zealand and New Zealand Trade & Enterprise.

The New Zealand Way Brand provides marketing opportunities to those companies which meet quality and environmental standards.

The Brand is promoted as a mark of outstanding quality, superior service and unique New Zealand characteristics.

There were no impairment losses relating to the investment in associate and no capital commitments or other commitments relating to

the associate.

54