The bloggers were winners of Tourism New Zealand's (TNZ) recent 'New Zealand Adventure' competition, which offered a unique ten day adventure trip in New Zealand for German bloggers.
Each of the five itineraries was tailored to match the theme of the winning bloggers' posts, and ensured each person travelled the country from top to bottom, doing different things in different regions.
The campaign aims to inspire German Active Considers to visit New Zealand after reading first-hand experiential content. Germany is our second-largest visitor market in Europe.
The winning bloggers were:
- Electru - a pop culture blog, including photography, music and fashion.
- Whudat - one of the most popular lifestyle blogs in Germany, covering design, art, culture, lifestyle and photography, including video blogs.
- Travelettes - a blog for woman with the motto 'travelling with heels'.
- Uberding - another lifestyle blog, covering fashion, travel and music.
- Finding Berlin - a travelling advice blog for Berlin tourists.
The adventurers also posted their sights and experiences in real time using Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Highlights included student bands in Dunedin, Fox Glacier via helicopter, breweries in Nelson, the World of Wearable Art show in Wellington and coffee at Cathedral Cove - "The Coromandel. Love it, best cafe in the world!" You can find a link to their blogs here.
Read more about Tourism New Zealand's marketing activity in Germany here.