Work to evolve the country’s destination brand to capture New Zealand’s unique people and culture alongside landscapes and scenery was announced in April
“Tourism is an increasingly competitive market and New Zealand is a niche destination. To ensure we continue to attract high value visitors we need to highlight our unique point of difference and that is our people and culture, says Chief Executive Stephen England-Hall.
“New Zealand’s warm welcome stays with people after they have visited. This is the true essence of our country’s brand, it’s incredibly strong and something that people share and talk about long after they return home.”
“The new videos are the first pieces of work to reflect where we are looking to take the brand and will be a good test to see how it lands in our overseas markets.”
The four videos follow a couple as they take road trips across New Zealand’s regions It seeks to inspire potential visitors by showcasing friendly locals guiding the couple through their journey around our amazing country, ultimately embracing them like friends.
Tourism New Zealand is working with Māori Tourism and a range of stakeholders to incorporate people and culture into New Zealand’s destination brand.
“It’s incredibly important we get this right. Our people and culture are diverse and multifaceted and we need to make sure we capture this authentically and deliver something Kiwis will embrace.”
The brand evolution work will continue over the coming months and will be reflected in new content as it is created.
The four new videos feature kiwis from each region welcoming, guiding and sharing their home with international visitors. Tourism New Zealand would like to thank all the kiwis who took part and showcased warm Kiwi manaakitanga.
The new content:
- Christchurch to Milford Sound
- Christchurch to Marlborough
- Napier to Whakātane
- Auckland to Mt Maunganui
- The videos will be used in the Australia, USA, UK, Germany, Japan, China, Indonesia, India and Brazil markets.
- They will target people who are actively considering a visit to New Zealand and seek to encourage them to plan and book.
- These films also enable visitors to see what there is to see and do in New Zealand in order to get them actively planning and ultimately booking a New Zealand holiday.
- The content aims to encourage visitors to incorporate the regions into their itineraries and to visit in Spring and Autumn – spreading visitation across the country and the year.
The following regions are on show:
Road Trip 1 – Auckland to Mount Maunganui
Hot Water Beach
Road Trip 2 – Napier to Whakatane
Road Trip 3 – Christchurch to Marlborough
Road Trip 4 – Christchurch to Milford Sound