How we’re supporting the tourism sector
- We have refocused industry webinars to provide updates on the current COVID-19 situation. It's great to be able to get together to have this discussion and answer your questions. If you’d like to view our industry webinars, they're available on our webinar recordings page. Register for upcoming webinars on our industry webinar series page.
- The tourism advisory support service is still available to you free of charge if you haven't taken up the offer yet. This service has now been extended to include a new phase of practical support designed to help you understand more about your digital ecosystem with the aim of lifting the level of digital capability for the tourism industry.
- It’s important to keep connected. As New Zealand’s response evolves we will keep you updated on our activity and support. We’ll be providing regular updates through Tourism News, please sign up to make sure you’re kept up to date.
Our tourism sector is world leading, it’s full of innovative, passionate and dedicated people doing good things for our home and communities. Our new industry column, Onsight, shares insights from tourism businesses who are doing great things and seeking out new opportunities.
- COVID-19: Information for businesses is the government’s central resource to help businesses with updates about COVID-19 and guidance.
- Unite Against COVID-19 is the central place for information from the New Zealand Government about COVID-19, including information on financial support that is currently available and requirements for businesses at different alert levels.
- The Reserve Bank has announced the mortgage deferral scheme is also being extended from its current end-date of 27 September, to 31 March 2021.
- The Ministry of Health provides the latest updates, information and advice on COVID-19, including public health guidelines for businesses and services.
- Go with Tourism has launched a free service to support tourism industry workers and businesses affected by COVID-19, through redeployment, guidance, advice, and educational pathways.
- The Regional Business Partner Network has resources and support available to help you whether your business is moving into recovery mode and looking for guidance, or is focussed on building capability and growth. They also manage the Tourism Transitions Fund to support tourism businesses with advice and support such as HR, health and wellbeing, business continuity and hibernation, cashflow and finance management, strategy and digital capability.
- The Mental Health Foundation has put together some information to help you get through. These are testing times for many New Zealanders so its important to take care of yourself and those around you.
- The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment has information on managed isolation and quarantine including the managed isolation allocation system an important part of our border measures to keep COVID-19 out of New Zealand.
We know this is a challenging time and Tourism New Zealand is here to support the tourism sector how we can. Please take care of yourselves and your whānau. If you have any questions or feedback please contact us.