How we’re supporting the tourism sector
- We have refocused industry webinars to provide updates on the current COVID-19 situation. It's great to be able to get together to have this discussion and answer your questions. If you’d like to view our industry webinars, they're available on our webinar recordings page. Register for upcoming webinars on our industry webinar series page.
- The tourism advisory support service delivered by Qualmark is still available to you free of charge if you haven't taken up the offer yet. This service has been extended to include a new phase of practical support designed to help you understand more about your digital ecosystem with the aim of lifting the level of digital capability for the tourism industry.
- Qualmark have also launched COVID Clean Approved, a self-assessment tool that allows Qualmark licence holders to work through a series of questions on COVID-19 related topics that are relevant to their operations processes, customer interaction and staff wellbeing. By completing this assessment, it communicates to both staff and visitors that the operator is aware of and working to take measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- It’s important to keep connected. As New Zealand’s response evolves we will keep you updated on our activity and support. We’ll be providing regular updates through Tourism News, please sign up to make sure you’re kept up to date.
- We're continuing to provide advice and support to our Business Events partners, including development of an infographic which can be used outlining how events can run at different COVID-19 alert levels.
- Our tourism sector is world leading, it’s full of innovative, passionate and dedicated people doing good things for our home and communities. Our new industry column, Onsight, shares insights from tourism businesses who are doing great things and seeking out new opportunities.
- COVID-19: Information for businesses is the government’s central resource to help businesses with updates about COVID-19 and guidance, including Kiwi Business Boost.
- Unite Against COVID-19 is the central place for information from the New Zealand Government about COVID-19, including the COVID-19 financial support tool and requirements for businesses at different alert levels. information is available in Te Reo Māori and over 33 other languages, plus accessible formats for the disabled community. There are also a range of signs and posters for you to use at your business.
- The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment has information on the 2020 Tourism Recovery package, as well as managed isolation and quarantine, an important part of our border measures to try and prevent COVID-19 in New Zealand. There's also support on offer for South Island communities through the Tourism Communities: Support, Recovery and Re-set Plan, delivered by ChristchurchNZ, Great South, Queenstown Lakes District Council and Development West Coast.
- The Ministry of Health provides the latest updates, information and advice on COVID-19, including public health guidelines for businesses and services.
- Inland Revenue can help businesses understand the tax implications of these changes as a result of COVID-19. There's webinars and other information availble on their website including information on the Resurgence Support Payment.
- Work and Income has information on the COVID-19 Wage Subsidy August 2021 which opens for applications on 20 August 2021.
- Go with Tourism has launched a free service to support tourism industry workers and businesses affected by COVID-19, through redeployment, guidance, advice, and educational pathways.
- The Tourism Export Council of New Zealand (TEC) has developed a list of resources available to help their members, including the Inbound Tour Operator COVID-19 ready handbook.
- The Regional Business Partner Network has resources and support available to help you whether your business is moving into recovery mode and looking for guidance, or is focussed on building capability and growth. They also manage the Tourism Transitions Fund to support tourism businesses with advice and support such as HR, health and wellbeing, business continuity and hibernation, cashflow and finance management, strategy and digital capability.
- The Mental Health Foundation has put together some information to help you get through. These are testing times for many New Zealanders so its important to take care of yourself and those around you.
We know this is a challenging time and Tourism New Zealand is here to support the tourism sector how we can. Please take care of yourselves and your whānau. If you have any questions or feedback please contact us.