Frontline travel agents, product managers, key decision makers in the global tourism industry, international media and social influencers can apply for an Explore Pass which gains them access to discounted product offers at tourism businesses across New Zealand.
Explore Pass holders are thoroughly vetted by Tourism New Zealand to ensure they are of high quality and worth hosting.
- Travel sellers are more likely to recommend a product to their clients if they’ve experienced it themselves.
- Media have been commissioned to create content based on their trip and your business may be featured.
- It’s a great way to showcase your product for free to people who can attract you more business.
- You can establish positive working relationships with pass holders that will benefit your business in the long term.
How to join
New Zealand tourism operators that want to be involved in the programme can submit a discounted offer through their operator database account at register.newzealand.com by following these steps:
- Log in to the operator database
- Click ’Register for Explore’ and agree to the terms of trade
- Complete the required fields
- Choose your offer type from the drop down
- Set special conditions (validity/blackout dates, subject to availability etc.)
- Save offer (this will submit the offer for approval)
- Check your email inbox for an email confirmation
Tourism New Zealand has created two useful resources for New Zealand operators and their frontline staff to learn more about the programme:
Tourism New Zealand launched a programme in August 2017 in North America that combines the Explore Pass with exclusive travel agent only airfares called Explore PLUS. Find out more about the exclusive programme here: http://interactive.travelagewest.com/100-percent-pure-new-zealand.
If you have any questions about the programme that aren’t answered here, please email Stephen Griffith, Trade Development Coordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org.