In April 2020 Tourism New Zealand established a domestic market team to grow domestic travel demand.
Key Market insights
- 72% of New Zealanders travelled for leisure purposes in 2019
- New Zealanders make 45 million domestic trips per year
- 61% of these are day trips
- 39% are overnight trips
- 90% of domestic leisure travel in New Zealand is via car.
View all domestic market reports on the Insights Hub.
DGiT (Domestic Growth Insight Tool) is an insight project to help activate domestic tourism and help tourism operators and Regional Tourism Organisations maximise the value they get out of domestic tourism. Colmar Brunton was contracted to undertake research and develop the online tool, which included surveying 6,000 New Zealanders on their leisure travel habits to understand the different types of domestic travellers, including their motivations for travel.
Visit the DGiT to get the latest results.
Do Something New, New Zealand has successfully helped encourage New Zealanders to experience more of our tourism offerings and supported our tourism sector. This activity has supported the industry and contributed to growth in domestic tourism spend in New Zealand to the tune of $11.2 billion in the year to June 2021, an 18% increase. It’s now time to evolve our approach and refresh our message.
We are pleased to share with you that ‘Do Something Autumn’ is now live until 22 May 2022, and is designed to encourage Kiwis to continue to go on holiday in the shoulder season and direct their discretionary spending toward travel.
Information for Industry
Working with Tourism New Zealand in the domestic market
The below outlines opportunities available to work with Tourism New Zealand for both Regional Tourism Organisations and Operators
Tourism New Zealand’s role is to foster New Zealander's desire to travel, and encourage them to explore New Zealand in a safe and responsible manner.
Regional Tourism Organisations' role
Operators are responsible for the promotion of their business and to ensure they’re operating in a safe and compliant manner as per Qualmark.
The top things you can do right now:
- Have your product loaded on newzealand.com and upload a deal aligned to a domestic campaign
Promote your business at no cost by listing on our website, viewed by over 550,000 domestic visitors per month. Listing your business is free and requires you to register first (takes approx. 20mins) – see the user guide and recommendations for optimal listings here. You can also leverage domestic campaign activity by uploading a relevant a deal, see information here.
- Take part in our domestic activity partnerships
Tourism New Zealand hold content partnerships with NZME and STUFF. These partnerships involve a number of content articles produced each week/month with some further boosted on social media, and are a great way to give your product exposure to an engaged, nationwide audience. Operators please liaise with your local RTO to ensure you're featured. Qualmark members can also feature in campaign partnership activity with Flybuys, NZME and Stuff. Simply upload a deal to newzealand.com. Deals do not need to be exclusive to Tourism New Zealand - the deals can already be active on your site or other partner websites.
- Use our Do Something Autumn branding in your marketing (in replace of Do Something New, New Zealand)
Feature our branding in your marketing to enjoy the benefits of brand association. For more information visit our visual library.
Utilise our #DoSomethingAutumnNZ hashtag in your social media to give your post a larger audience. This also gives Tourism New Zealand exposure to your content so we can consider it for use it across our platforms for added impact.
- Join our webinar series
We run a series of regular webinars to make sure industry are well informed and supported. Check for upcoming webinars.
What else can you do?
- Join Qualmark
Qualmark helps businesses become more sustainable from a people, planet and profit perspective, by not only assessing your business, but working with you to ensure your business remains competitive and current in the changing operating environment. Membership is currently free until further notice, and all tourism businesses can gain additional support through the Tourism Advisory Support Service.
- Feature your product at your local and neighbouring i-SITEs
Visit the i-SITE website for more information about your local i-SITE and to learn how to work with them including how to feature your product.
- Utilise other resources on tourismnewzealand.com
Tourismnewzealand.com is your tool to assist with growing and tailoring your business, we also share insights and news that you can use.
- Share your new stories.
- What's happening in your region? Do you have a good news story to tell about your region or business? Our Public Relations team are always looking for great stories we can share offshore so please remember to let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download information on how to partner with us and our partners i.e., Super Gold Card via our Domestic Partnership Prospectus
- Stay up to date with the latest news from Tourism New Zealand – register here to receive regular updates from us